Friday, February 17, 2006

 

Boys

The weather outside is spring-like and my students, all of them boys, are restless. It's my fault, really. I opened the windows to let in the sunshine and the warm-ish breeze, and I should know better -- it's Friday afternoon for God's sake!

Right now I am keeping a stern demeanor. But despite the calm front, I feel as distracted as they do. It's beautiful out, freedom is less than an hour away, and the afternoon showers predicted by the weatherman are nowhere in sight.

Spanish is -- and I mean this literally -- the last thing on my students' minds right now. Pop quiz: In order of popularity, what are my boys thinking of RIGHT NOW? Answer: 1)Food 2) The Olympics 3) their favorite band 4) Will it really snow this weekend 5) Jessica Simpson.

In a year or two, the order of this list will change. For now, they are like Golden Retrievers, and I just love them.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?