Thursday, February 09, 2006

 

Never mind...

Did I say this sickness thing was pleasant? Was I nuts? Actually, it's kind of like going into labor. I remember thinking in the first several hours of active laboring, "So this is it? It's not so bad... quiet music, attentive husband, all the ice chips I can eat...!" Then, several hours later, I retracted that pitifully hopeful and downright ignorant statement, sure that I was dying and would never see my beautiful, much longed-for baby enter the world. I felt like throwing the ice chips, cutting the music and saying words that would make the husband want to be, well, less attentive. When the "real" labor kicked in, it was a doozy.

This bug has been a doozy too. The 8-year-old is back on her feet, but her sister and father have since fallen prey to its evil evilness. Right now I'm the only one standing, and the anticipation is killing me! In the midst of taking care of my family, I am haunted by every little stomach gurgle! Is THIS it? Will it come for ME too?

Pleasant was NOT the correct term to describe this experience. So, to those of you who had read the post below, in the words of Emily Litella, Never mind!

Comments:
Ooh, sorry! I love the labor analogy, actually--funny how things can seem, well, ok in the first few hours and then quickly turn nightmarish. I hope the tide is turning at your house and that you somehow miraculously avoid the plague...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?